Experience in the field of Mountaineering
- 1976: Adventure course at HMI, Darjeeling
- 1981: Basic Mountaineering Course at NIM, Uttarkashi
- 1987: Advance Mountaineering Course at NIM, Uttarkashi
- Between 1981 & 1988 participated in 11 climbing expeditions and summitted 6 of them. The peaks summitted include Mt. CB-13 (21,264′), Mt. Manali (18,700′), Mt.Ladakhi (17,700′) & Mt.Shithidhar (17,200′), Mt.Kalanag (20,956′), Mt.Kamet (25,447′), Mt.Hanuman Tibba (19,450′), & Mt.Saser Kangri I ( 25,170′)
- Accompanied foreign teams as liaison officer on 3 occasions.1982: CB-13 (Japanese)1983: Mt. Sathopanth (23,775′) (Hungarian)1987: Mt. Nun (23,688′) (Spanish)
- Trained IPS probationers @ Police training School in Hyderabad and NCC cadets in Shimoga.
- 1986: Receipient of the State award (Rajyotsava) in the field of mountaineering.