Experience in the field of Mountaineering
- Basic mountaineering course-HMI, Darjeeling with “A” grade
- Advance mountaineering course-HMI, Darjeeling
- Skiing – Basic & certificate courses in Narkanda, Manali and Gulmarg
- Participated as member/leader in 10 climbing expeditions between 1981 & 2012. Some of the prominent peaks include Mt. Kamet, Mt.Srikailash (summitter), Kedar Dome, Hanuman Tibba. & Pk. Ladhaki
- Between 1980 & 2012 participated as member/leader in 21 Himalayan trekking expeditions to J&K, Himachal, Uttarakhand, Nepal, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim etc.
- Extensively trekked and climbed in the rock belts and forests in and around Karnataka.
- Trained IPS probationers in Hyderabad
- 2010 – River rafting in Dandeli, Karnataka
- 2011 – Participated in a sailing expedition organized by the YHAI
- 1983 – Guest instructor for the girls adventure course at NIM, Uttarkashi
- Liaison officer to a Spanish team attempting to climb Mt.Shivling.
- Participated in the 2nd IMF sponsored winter expedition to Mt.Hanuman Tibba in Himachal Pradesh
- 1986 – Conferred with the State Dasara award by the Govt. of Karnataka in the field of mountaineering.
- Completed the First Responder Course (First Aid and Medical) conducted by the IMF at New Delhi during Nov.2012